Angel Initiative Eligibility Requirements
BBCAZ affirms that each client is unique, and designs individual treatment programs based on his or her needs. BBC mental health and addiction support programs, including our participation in the Angel Initiative, aim to ensure that all of our clients are prepared to meet their most basic needs. This support not only rests on the individual, but on their loved ones and communities, too.
The criteria for participation in the Angel Initiative are:
- You must be an adult age 18 or older and live in the Maryvale area.
- You must be willing and able to follow staff directions and agree to abide by all the rules and refrain from engaging in illegal and/or inappropriate activity.
- You’ll need a valid Identification Card.
- You must be willing to go to detox and obtain medical clearance, if detox is required.
- You must be physically and mentally able to self-manage personal hygiene and self-care within a non-medical, non-psychiatric facility.
· You can’t be a fugitive from justice or have any prior or pending charges for crimes involving violence, arson, sexual offenses, children, or the elderly.
If you meet the criteria and you would like to participate in the Angel Initiative, all you need to do is show up at the Maryvale-Estrella Precinct with a valid State I.D., between the hours of 7 a.m. and 4 p.m., turn in your drugs and request treatment.